Awakening Recovery Center provides a unique approach to the treatment of alcohol, opiate, cocaine and other drug addictions. We understand, on a personal level, what you are going through. You are not alone. We have helped many people just like you get on the road to recovery and stay there beyond treatment through the use of a community-based sober support system.
Our treatment involves combining one-on-one counseling with group meetings and encourages the use of safe, effective, FDA-approved medications to help with the urges or cravings for alcohol, opiates or other substances. In addition, we encourage the use of nutritional supplementation and exercise to assist in the repair of brain chemistry impaired by substance abuse.
Awakening treatment focuses on the whole person and emphasizes learning how to deal effectively with the underlying issues that lead to and perpetuate addictive behaviors.
This approach, combined with our world-class team of experts that includes board-certified physicians, therapists and counselors, makes the Awakening addiction recovery program a step above others. Located close to home in Jacksonville, Florida, we can provide you with the support you need to finally reach and maintain your sobriety.
A Substance-Abuse Recovery Program That Addresses All Facets of Your Addiction
The four components of the Awakening Recovery Program are designed to take into account the varied factors of your addiction. Your addiction not only affects your life in many ways, but it also must be treated with multiple approaches. If you don’t address all of the issues inherent in addiction, your chances of achieving long-term sobriety are greatly reduced. We treat the whole addiction.
The overall components of our world-class addiction treatment program are:
- Psychological – Using cognitive behavioral therapy to learn how to be happy once again without the use of substances.
- Neurobiological – Addressing the biochemical component of chemical dependency with nutritional supplementation and, when medically indicated, using craving reduction medications such as Naltrexone, Revia, Vivitrol, Suboxone and others as they become available.
- Environmental– Addressing family or relationship issues; dealing with old “friends” and making new friends who are also in recovery; and addressing legal or employment issues.
- Spiritual – Helping you utilize your spirituality or belief system for better success. Awakening recognizes that a spiritual component is helpful for many people seeking recovery, and we encourage exploration of this component of recovery.
A Recovery Program Focused on Lasting Sobriety
There are many approaches to addiction recovery. While we focus on spiritual, mental and physical health, it’s important to understand what is at the heart of the Awakening Recovery Center of Jacksonville, Florida addiction treatment program. Our focus is:
- Building and maintaining motivation to quit and stay quit
- Learning to recognize the triggers for using and how to refuse to act on them
- Learning new ways to cope with difficult situations and unpleasant emotions
- Anticipating problems and planning healthy strategies in advance
- Changing mental and emotional patterns that lead to unhealthy behaviors
- Learning how to manage life’s problems in a healthier way
- Goal setting to begin rebuilding a positive and satisfying lifestyle
Stepping on the road to recovery can be overwhelming – you don’t need to do it alone. Awakening’s addiction recovery professionals can provide you the support you need right in Jacksonville, Florida. Our patients take comfort in knowing that they receive the specific care they need with an underlying program based on research, evidence and past successes.