It can be difficult to know when you need help with an addiction. It is often even tougher to decide when to confront a family member or friend about their struggles with alcohol or drug dependency. At Awakening Recovery Center, we can help you determine what your next steps should be to reach sobriety or help another get on the right path.
Located right in Jacksonville, Florida, our addiction treatment program is tailored to guide you to recovery regardless of where you are now. Researching recovery programs is a positive first step. What should you do next?
Ask yourself: are you or someone you love experiencing any of these behavioral changes or symptoms?
- Changes in job or school performance
- Unexplained changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Dishonesty or stealing
- Loss of old friends; new friends are known to drink or use drugs
- Neglect of personal appearance
- Suicidal ideations or threats
- Increased drinking or use of other drugs
- Taking more medications than prescribed
- Hostility and lack of cooperativeness
- Withdrawal, isolation, depression or fatigue
- Drinking or using drugs alone or in isolation
- Increased tolerance to alcohol and other drugs
- Drinking more than intended
- Bargaining with God at 2 am while trying to get home
For more research-based information on alcohol and your health, including more tools to help determine whether your drinking has reached unhealthy levels, visit:
For additional information regarding Alcohol Use Disorders, visit: