Awakening provides a comprehensive and flexible Intensive Outpatient Program for individuals who are looking for a discreet approach to get help for a dependency problem while maintaining their busy lifestyle. Awakening’s treatment approach is individualized to provide the highest quality of care.
Below are the top 10 reasons to consider IOP as a primary treatment option or as a follow-up to classic inpatient treatment:
10. Awakening treats clients in a “real world” setting in that they are able to learn practical tools to manage environmental stressors that often enable and sustain drug-seeking behavior.
9. All options are designed to meet the individual treatment needs of each client, while at the same time, accommodating his, or her, busy schedule.
8. We provide options that will allow each client the opportunity to continue working and living at home with their family or significant other while receiving the highest quality of care
7. Awakening understands that addiction can be managed when cravings are reduced, motivation for change is enhanced, techniques to manage cravings and urges are developed, and a healthy lifestyle is maintained through exercise and proper nutrition.
6. Awakening provides a treatment program to reduce alcohol, opiate, and other drug cravings through cognitive- based therapies, and when medically indicated, utilize craving reduction medications to reduce or eliminate cravings during those critical first 30-45 days of early recovery.
5. Awakening embraces social sober support systems as well as embrace traditional and holistic modalities that promote exercise, nutrition, mindfulness, mediation, and imagery as interventions to help clients engage in healthy lifestyles.
4. Awakening uses cognitive behavior therapy to teach clients to identify, evaluate and change distorted thinking patterns so that therapeutic changes in mood and behaviors can be effected. Relapse prevention requires changes in thinking if the change is to be long lasting.
3. Group therapy is focused on relapse prevention. Using bio psychosocial education, CBT, and empowerment based group processes – group members are encouraged to share their collective struggles and triumphs with getting and remaining sober.
2. Clinically researched nutritional supplementation protocol is suggested to target and assist in the restoration of key neurotransmitters.
1. At Awakening, the overarching goal of translating research into clinical practice is to assist clients gain Awareness, Acceptance and put those skills into Action.